The Rio Nuevo governing board unanimously approved a revised deal to build 16,500-square-feet of retail space, 252 new residential units and a restaurant near the Mercado District.
- Southern AZ COVID-19 AM Roundup for Tuesday, Jan. 26: Pima County awaits more vaccine; Hospitals see slight decrease in patients but pressure remains high; 209 deaths today brings total toll to nearly 12,500
- A year after first case in Arizona, COVID-19 is now a leading killer
- Sinema, Kelly announce $12 million in workforce training grants
- UA continues to deliver a limited supply of COVID-19 vaccines to educators
- Vaccine shortage hampers Pima County's ability to deliver shots
- Southern AZ COVID-19 AM Roundup for Monday, Jan. 25: Hospital patients slightly decrease but pressure still high; Marana returns to hybrid instruction; Amphi delays classroom return until Feb. 15
- Border wall foes hail order halting project, but say it’s only first step
- Banner Leader: COVID-19 hospitalizations decreasing, but don't let your guard down
The new year brings a new list of transportation projects throughout Pima County, including repairs to Oracle Road, work on Interstate 10 and residential road repair in Oro Valley.
While I’m just as thrilled as anyone to put 2020 behind me, I’m grateful for the passion and perseverance demonstrated by our local chefs, restaurateurs, brewers, winemakers, and distillers last year as they faced their most challenging of times.