If you felt as if you needed a little more muscle to lift this week’s printed issue of Inside Tucson Business, you can thank a woman — make that lots of women.
Included this week is the annual special section announcing the 2012 Women of Influence in Southern Arizona as nominated by you, readers of Inside Tucson Business. This year, the number of honorees has doubled to 20.
Our honorees are:
• Carmen Bermudez, Mission Management and Trust
• Ginny Clements, Golden Eagle Distributors
• Carolyn Compton, Critical Path Institute (C-Path)
• Valerie Diaz, Sol Casinos
• Colleen Edwards, Tucson Appliance and TWS
• Jacquelyn Jackson, Tucson Values Teachers
• Raena Janes, La Paloma Academy and APEX Charter Services
• Kathleen “Rocky” LaRose, University of Arizona Athletics
• Barbara LaWall, Pima County Attorney
• Lori Mackstaller, UA Sarver Heart Hospital
• Jeannette Mare, Ben’s Bells
• Kelle Maslyn, Comcast
• Jane McCollum, Marshall Foundation and Main Gate Square
• Linda McNulty, Lewis & Roca
• Karen Mlawsky, the University of Arizona Health Network
• Cindy Parseghian, Ara Parseghian Medical Research Foundation
• Jane Poynter, Paragon Space Development
• Barbi Reuter, Picor Commercial Real Estate Services
• Neelam Sethi, philanthropist
• Amber Smith, Metroplitan Pima Alliance
Within this short space we couldn’t possible list all that each of this women have done but there’s no doubt that the Tucson region is better because of what they bring to the table.
In addition to the special section, please also take note of the List of Women-owned businesses starting on page 14. This year’s List contains the names of nearly 250 businesses that are at least 50 percent owned by a woman.
All of this leads up to the ninth annual Women of Influence breakfast celebration, from 7 – 9:30 a.m. Nov. 16 at the Marriott University Park Hotel, 880 E. Second St. Tickets are $50 each and can be purchased online at www.InsideTucsonBusiness.com/WomenofInfluence or contact Jill A’Hearn at (520) 295-4236.