On a new Thrive Arizona, Host Zach Yentzer chats with Dre Voelkel, director of TENWEST Festival, an annual ten-day innovation festival focused on solving the economic, social, cultural and environmental challenges facing Tucson.
Nonprofit organizations play a significant role in the economic and social development of Arizona, with over 22,000 nonprofits responsible for directly or indirectly employing more than 332,000 people (Inside Tucson Business). This makes the nonprofit sector the fifth-largest employer in Ari…
- UA vet school in Oro Valley receives approval
- Along with building their empires, two immigrants give back to the Tucson community
- Connecting smartphones to depression
- The unintended consequences of Prop 205 will hurt those it aims to help
- Two-bedroom rental prices increase for 39 consecutive months
- Community Investment Corporation: Tucson’s Long-Term Economic Engine
- 10 tips for budding entrepreneurs
- Udall Foundation announces new executive, deputy director
The average rental price on a two bedroom house or apartment has risen 1.8 percent in the last year, with 39 months of consecutive rate increases, according to information by website Apartment List.
ITB on the Radio
The men and women who work in local restaurant kitchens are like family to me. Whether they’re members of the Tucson Originals, an organization of independently owned restaurants, the Gastronomic Union of Tucson, a coalition of local chefs who collaborate on culinary events, or Tucson Knife …