ProPublica is a nonprofit newsroom that investigates abuses of power. Click here to read their biggest stories as soon as they’re published.
- Arizona officials work to boost census responses with time running out
- NonProfit of the Day: Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona
- Arizona nonprofits boost aid to help refugees deal with the pandemic
- State pushes flu vaccinations to avert flu-and-COVID-19 ‘perfect storm’
- Nonprofit of the day: Men’s Work in a Time of Need
- Arson suspected at Putney’s Bar
- As polls show him trailing in Arizona, Trump stops in Phoenix to woo Latino voters
- In "last-ditch effort," UA, Pima County Health Department recommend two-week quarantine for students in high-transmissibility area
The Marana Town Council unanimously voted to rezone more than 10 acres at the southwest corner of Thornydale Road and Aerie Drive for a future mixed-use development with multi-family housing and commercial businesses.
Every Labor Day weekend, the small town of Sparks, Nevada hosts what’s widely known as the Masters Tournament of barbecue rib competitions, the Nugget Rib Cook-Off. I’ve served as a judge at this epic event since 2011. But this year, the pandemic had other plans for the 500,000 people who ty…