The Southern Arizona Heritage and Visitor Center, located inside the Historic Pima County Courthouse, is open for business. The 7,500-square-foot space debuted Jan. 18 with a soft opening that drew dozens of local residents to the completely renovated space inside the historic courthouse.
The center is open seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Center includes a gift shop, mini-theater and several interactive displays designed to inform, educate and direct visitors to a variety of locales across The Old Pueblo.
“The history and culture of Pima County and its people are on full display at the new Visitor Center,” said Pima County Board of Supervisors Chair Richard Elías, in a statement. “The ancestral homelands of the Tohono O’odham and Pascua Yaqui nations have nurtured and are the basis for the story that is told. Visitors and Tucsonans alike will enjoy the Visitor Center for years to come.”
The courthouse will also see the opening of several other attractions, including a John Dillinger exhibit inside the courtroom where the notorious gangster was arraigned more than 85 years ago; the University of Arizona’s Alfie Norville Gem and Mineral Museum; and a Memorial to honor the lives of the victims of the Jan. 8, 2011, mass shooting. The facility is expected to fully open next January.
The Historic Courthouse project cost a total of $25 million.
“We’ve taken a nearly 100-year-old building that was definitely feeling its age and completely renovated it from basement to dome into a hub of culture and tourism-related information and activities,” said Pima County Administrator Chuck Huckelberry.
Sales and Leases
Kenneth Cochran and Alejandra Gaona dba: Yabba Dabba Smoking Accessories leased approximately 1,000 square feet of retail space located at 5331 S. 12th Ave. from Tri-num Properties, LLC. Frank Arrotta of Tucson Realty & Trust Co. represented handled the transaction.
Nido 1, LLC purchased Nido de Sahuaro Apartments, a 20-unit apartment complex located at 240 W. Sahuaro St. The 8,640-square-foot multifamily property was purchased from All N Investments, LLC for $1,080,000. Allan Mendelsberg with Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR handled the transaction.
ABCO Solar, Inc. purchased 4,768 square feet of office space located at 2505 N. Alvernon Way from the Niesen Family for $323,000. Molly Gilbert with Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR represented the seller.
Community Resource Center, Inc. purchased a 1,326 square-foot industrial property located at 1326 W. Pastime Road from Steven and Patricia Inouye for $120,000. Paul Hooker with Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR represented the seller.
Southwest Ambulance of Tucson, Inc. leased 21,000 square feet of industrial space at 3759 N. Commerce Drive and 2443 and 2743 W. Majestic Way from West Partners Too, LLC. Paul Hooker with Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR, Michael Sharapata and John Ruskin with Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc., represented the tenant.
BHP Copper leased 8,025 square feet of industrial space at 4429 N. Highway Drive from Wheeler Family Revocable Trust. Paul Hooker with Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR represented the tenant. Dean Cotlow with Cotlow Company represented the landlord.
Van Marcke Trade Supply, Inc. renewed its lease with Grant Clover Commons, LLC for a total of 4,800 square feet of industrial space located in Grant Interstate Commons, 1121 W. Grant Road, Ste. 401-404. Stephen D. Cohen with Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR represented the landlord.
Pursuit Fitness leased 3,527 square feet of retail space from Orange Grove Center, LLC in The Shoppes at Orange Grove, 3805 W. River Road. Aaron LaPrise with Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR represented the tenant. Kevin Volk and Jeramy Price with Volk Company represented the landlord.
Harmony Hospice, LLC renewed its lease with El Dorado Ventures, LLC for 3,328 square feet of office space in El Dorado Square, 1200 N. El Dorado Place, Ste. B-200. Thomas J. Nieman and Molly Gilbert, with Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR, represented the landlord.
Grace Kingdom Church of God leased 2,800 square feet of industrial space located in 29th Street Business Park, 5037 E. 29th St. and 5041 E. 29th St., from Presson Corporation. Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR handled the transaction. Robert C. Glaser, SIOR, CCIM, and Paul Hooker represented the landlord. Rob Tomlinson represented the tenant.
RJP-AZ, LLC renewed its lease for 2,782 square feet of office space at 5151 E. Broadway Blvd., Ste. 750, from KCI-Broadway, LLC, Scott Seldin-Broadway, LLC, Belmont-Broadway, LLC and Tucson 5151 Investments, LLC. Thomas J. Nieman and Richard M. Kleiner, MBA, with Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR, represented the landlord. Robert Lundstedt with DAUM Commercial Real Estate Services represented the tenant.
Brown and Caldwell renewed its lease for 1,311 square feet of office space at 333 E. Wetmore Road, Ste. 165, from Tucson West, LLC. Thomas J. Nieman, with Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR, and Dean Panfili with Cushman & Wakefield, Walnut Creek, represented the tenant. Philip Skillings and Andrew Sternberg with NAI Horizon represented the landlord.
Brein Wankel leased 1,200 square feet of industrial space in Commerce Plaza, 245 S. Plumer Ave., Ste. 31, from Plumer Partners, LLC. Robert C. Glaser, SIOR, CCIM and Paul Hooker, with Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR, handled the transaction.
RJ Weatherholt, LLC dba: Align Counseling Services leased 1,067 square feet of industrial space in Midway Business Park, 4500 E. Speedway Blvd., Ste. 5, from Presson Midway, LLC. Robert C. Glaser, SIOR, CCIM, and Paul Hooker, with Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR, represented the landlord. Barrie Herr with Long Realty Company represented the tenant.
Yin Yang Balance leased 990 square feet of office space in West Grant Centre, 1955 W. Grant Road, Ste. 150, from WestGrant Investors, LLC. Molly Gilbert and Ryan McGregor, with Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR, represented the landlord.